What is Viper?¶
Viper is a binary analysis and management framework. Its fundamental objective is to provide a solution to easily organize your collection of malware and exploit samples as well as your collection of scripts you created or found over the time to facilitate your daily research. Think of it as a Metasploit for malware researchers: it provides a terminal interface that you can use to store, search and analyze arbitraty files with and a framework to easily create plugins of any sort.
Viper is released under BSD 3-Clause license and is copyrighted by Claudio Guarnieri. The source code is available on GitHub, where also all development efforts and contributions are coordinated. For questions and inquiries, you can find the author’s contact details here.
Table of Content¶
- HTTP Interfaces
- Create new modules
- Known issues
- Various errors when using unicode characters
- Error storing file names containing unicode characters in database
- Problem importing certain modules
- The API interface isn’t fully aware of projects
- update.py from 1.1 to 1.2 IOError ‘data/web/’
- PreprocessError: data/yara/index.yara:0:Invalid file extension ‘.yara’.Can only include .yar
- Final Remarks